Leginon Main Page¶
Leginon is a system designed for automated collection of images from a transmission electron microscope.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with general concerns.
Report bugs and request features as New issues at this site.
Use Leginon user forum for asking questions and to see answers to previous questions.
Software Installation Manual and User Guide:¶
- To learn all the details, start with An introduction to Leginon
- To install Leginon, see Getting Started as a System Administrator
- To learn how to use Leginon for everyday work, see Getting Started as a basic Leginon user
Primary Publication to Cite:¶
- "Automated Molecular Microscopy: The New Leginon System" (2005), C Suloway, J Pulokas, D Fellmann, A Cheng, F Guerra, J Quispe, S Stagg, CS Potter and B Carragher. Journal of Structural Biology 151 (1): pp. 41-60.
- "Rapid, routine structure determination of macromolecular assemblies using electron microscopy: Current progress and remaining challenges", B. Carragher, D. Fellmann, F. Guerra, R.A. Milligan, F. Mouche, J. Pulokas, J. Quispe, C. Suloway, Y. Zhu and C.S. Potter, J. of Synchrotron radiation. 11, pp 83-85 (2004)
- "A relational database for cryoEM: Experience at one year and 50,000 images", D. Fellmann, J. Pulokas, R.A. Milligan, B. Carragher and C.S. Potter, J. of Structural Biology, 137, p. 273-282 (2002)
- "Leginon: An automated system for acquisition of images from vitreous ice specimens", B. Carragher, N. Kisseberth, D. Kriegman, R.A. Milligan, C.S. Potter, J. Pulokas and A. Reilein, Journal of Structual Biology 132, 33-45 (2000).
- "Leginon: A system for fully automated acquisition of 1000 micrographs a day", C.S. Potter, H. Chu, B. Frey, C. Green, N. Kisseberth, T.J. Madden, K.L. Miller, K. Nahrstedt, J. Pulokas, A. Reilein, D. Tcheng, D. Weber and B. Carragher, Ultramicroscopy 77 (1999) 153-161.
- "Automated cryoEM data acquisition and analysis of 284742 particles of GroEL." (2006) Stagg SM, Lander GC, Pulokas J, Fellmann D, Cheng A, Quispe JD, Mallick SP, Avila RM, Carragher B, Potter CS. J Struct Biol. 155 (3): pp. 470-81. PMID: 16762565.
Software Availability and Licensing Information¶
Leginon is released under the Apache License, Version 2.0
Instructions for Using Leginon at Scripps.